Basic Jewelry Class
Learn a new trade, or start a new Hobby!
Our Basic Jewelry Class is limited to four (5) students per class.
Cost: $175.00 per student (This includes all materials)
Classes are usually held on Saturday & Sunday, 9:00am - 5:00pm both days.
Each student will sit at a Jewelers Bench and will be introduced to basic tools and their use.
The class will offer an open-forum for discussions about accepting repairs, testing gold and silver, torch safety, and torch control.
The instructor will demonstrate how to do each project. Each student will then have a "hands-on" opportunity to work on the following projects:
- Construct a ring from 1/2 round wire.
- Construct a pair of earrings from sheet metal.
- Make and solder jump rings.
- Size rings up, down, and replace shank.
- Repair chains.
- Construct pendant from sheet metal.
- Solder Bezel and Bezel set stone.
- Polishing and cleaning jewelry.